I quickly learned that writing articles and submitting them to online publications was a great way to attract new readers and gain experience as a freelance writer.
I have been fortunate to have several of my articles published on high trafficked websites and have made some wonderful new friends as a result of submitting my articles to these free ezines.
Here’s the resource box I include at the end of my articles:
Rose DesRochers is a published poet and freelance writer. Rose has been writing poetry for more than 20 years. She is also the founder of http://www.todays-woman.net, a supportive online writing community for men and women over 18. She is also the Assistant Administrator of http://www.invision-graphics.com.
What you are giving is your permission for the publisher to publish your article in exchange for a byline at the end of the article. The byline is about four lines of text about yourself, including a link to your website.
Whenever I write an article, I first publish it on my own website and then submit it to ezines. Ezines will not take the time to edit your article, so make sure that you proofread it before submitting it. You may want to have someone else go over your article for errors before submission.
Here are some ezines where you can publish your articles.
You may also wish to search through ezinesearch.com for publications that will be interested in the genre of articles that you write.
Websites are constantly looking for free content to re-publish. Many webmasters search article directories such as articledashboard.com in search of content to publish on their websites. The number of ezines online is growing everyday. Im constantly receiving invitations to submit articles to new ezines.
Writing and submitting free articles is a great way to gain exposure and increase your income when people want to hire you to write content for their websites.
It wont be long and you will be recognized as an expert in your field.
There are many people who dread having to write papers or articles. Many just feel like it seems to be too much work and it all just goes to waste when no one reads the. To some people, reading articles seems like work to, especially if the article is boring and very bland. Well, articles are supposed to be read, thats their purpose to impart your message and information. If it is not read then it is a waste of time and effort.
But all the same, articles have to be written to be read. Its just a matter of making them good. Making a good article doesnt have to be strenuous and straining. There are just some points needed to be reminded of, and some guides to follow. Once you get the hang of it, writing articles could be fun, as well as profitable for you and your site.
Of course, writing articles must be about something you know about, thats why if you own a site, you probably is knowledgeable about that certain topic and theme. When you write about it, you wont have a hard time because you already know what it is and what its about. Its just a matter of making your articles creative and interesting.
To make sure that your articles get read and enjoyed, here are six red hot tips to get your articles read. These tips will make your articles readable and interesting.
1) Use short paragraphs. When the paragraph are very long, the words get jumbled in the mind of the reader just looking at it It can get quite confusing and too much of a hard work to read. The reader will just quickly disregard the paragraph and move on to much easier reading articles that are good to look at as well as read. Paragraphs can be a single sentence, sometimes even a single word!
2) Make use of numbers or bullets. As each point is stressed out, numbers and bullets can quickly make the point easy to remember and digest. As each point, tip, guide or method is started with a bullet or point, readers will know that this is where the tips start and getting stressed. Format you bullets and numbers with indentations so that your4 article wont look like a single block of square paragraphs. Add a little bit of flair and pizzazz to your articles shape.
3) Use Sub-headings to sub-divide your paragraphs in the page. Doing this will break each point into sections but still would be incorporated into one whole article. It would also be easy for the reader to move on from one point to another; the transition would be smooth and easy. You will never lose your readers attention as well as the point and direction to where the article is pointing.
4) Provide a good attention-grabbing title or header. If your title can entice a persons curiosity youre already halfway in getting a person to read your article. Use statements and questions that utilize keywords that people are looking for. Provide titles or headers that describe your articles content but should also be short and concise.
Use titles like, Tips on making her want you more, or How to make her swoon and blush .You could also use titles that can command people, for example, Make her yours in six easy Ways. These types of titles reach out to a persons emotions and makes them interested.
5) Keep them interested from the start to the finish. From your opening paragraph, use real life situations that can be adopted by the reader. Use good descriptions and metaphors to drive in your point, just dont over do it. Driving your examples with graphic metaphors and similes would make it easy for them to imagine what you are talking about. Making the experience pleasurable and enjoyable for them.
6) Utilize figures when necessary and not just ordinary and insipid statements. Using specific facts and figures can heighten your article because it makes it authoritative. But do not make it too formal, it should be light and easy in them and flow. Like a friendly teac her having a little chat with an eager student.
Want to know how to increase publicity for your website, in a sure and steady way? You may not realize it but many website operators use the same trick to generate traffic for virtually nothing.
Which is? Write content-rich and focused articles and submit to directory sites, other people’s sites and ezines. This process is called article writing and article marketing.
Now, why would an ezine publisher or website owner want to post your targeted articles on their websites or use your articles for their mailing lists? The answer is that not many can produce tons of content that is specific and focused. And tons of high quality content helps to build traffic to their sites and loyal subscribers to their mailing lists.
Here is where your article comes in. In exchange for a byline and a link to your site (called a “resource box”), you allow website owners to use your content as it is. No one is allowed to make any changes to your article without your permission.
Here are some other advantages for article writing and article marketing:
* Gain “Expert” Status when you share your knowledge and expertise. Just look at the people who write newspaper columns. You get to appear like an expert when your articles are posted in a couple of article directory websites and when you write on a variety of topics pertaining to the same niche area.
* You can do some nifty preselling. This is especially if your article appeals to a niche audience hungry for some specific information. That way, you’ve already presold yourself, when they click over to your site.
* You get more links to your site. Then, you’d be able to enhance your search engine positioning just by your “link popularity”. Once your article is posted on another person’s website or an article directory, it is likely that it will stay there for a long time.
* You are providing an excellent tool to help your affiliates. Your affiliates are likely to promote you more often and more effectively compared to those who don’t provide such help.
* It is also excellent for building an opt-in email list. Statistics show that on average, a prospect visits your website seven times before clicking a buy order. A constant stream of emails (with his/her permission) at regular intervals can help break down “defences” and build relationships. In addition, once the relationship is build, back end sales or sales of other products and services become easier.
So, do you need to have a flair for writing in order for you to write? Absolutely not. You just need to remember just two simple rules:
* Put down your thoughts naturally. Just like how you would explain to a friend about this subject over a cup of tea.
* Write simply. Bad grammer does not help. Complicated sentences and sentences that go on and on forever may not help you get your message across. So make your article an easy read.
Now, what is an easy way to get started on writing? Think of key problems that your audience is likely to have and then write an article that provides the solution. A few key examples here should help kick-start your writing:
10 ways to help you…..
5 extremely useful resource tips that you should know about….
7 time saving tips to….
1 breakthrough tip that…..
You can organize your article in this manner: an introduction (you can identify the problems that your readers are facing and your own short story or experiences), the list of points (the “solution”) and a concluding paragraph (asking your readers to take some action).
After you finished writing, get someone to vet through your article. Alternatively, you can wait some time later and take a look at your article again. Improve it and check for grammer and spelling.
Then, it’s time for article marketing. Submit your article to article announcement lists and article directories like http://www.ArticleMap.com. In your submission, make sure your articles comply with specific guidelines required by the publisher.
Article marketing can generate visitor traffic to your website as your articles get published and syndicated across the world. As you write and submit more articles, traffic to your site will definitely pick up speed!
I have been writing articles and submitting them to various article directories for around a year now. When I started I felt very fresh and had plenty to write about. After a few months however, I started to get what is known as writers block. I could not think of anything else to write about. In this article I give advice about how to react when this happens, advice which I hope will help you to continue to write quality and original articles.
My name is Steve Hill and my line of business is as a speech coach. I developed a stutter when I was four years of age and it continued to affect my life for the next eighteen years. I have managed to overcome this speech impediment and as a career I now help other people to achieve fluency. I feel I know quite a lot about the subject and found it quite easy and enjoyable to write about all aspects of stuttering.
After a while I could not think of anything new to write about stuttering, which would be of value to people and made the mistake or re-writing some of the articles using different words. I must admit I was unaware that this was against the rules but now realise that each article needs to have original content, which I accept and understand.
I then wrote about some of the experiences from my own life, like how I coped when my now ex-girlfriend left me and even stories about my dog! A number of people have read these articles and have sent me some very nice e-mails stating how much they have enjoyed them.
One morning I woke up with very good intentions, I was planning on writing three or four new articles. I turned on the computer and basically sat there. Come on write something, I tried to tell myself. The problem was that I could not think of anything to write about. I decided to go back to bed. I seem to be able to think clearer from my bed, a bit weird I know.
I decided that I was not only going to write about my own life and experiences but I would also write about my family and friends. Other areas I could write about would be:
How to promote a website
These are all areas I have a great interest in and even though they are not my main line of business, the articles should be of interest to people. Most of the topics which I have listed are things which I or people I know, have had experiences with. For example a lot of people who stutter including myself in the past, have issues with their self-confidence.
Weight loss is subject which is close to my heart as I have had many problems in controlling my own weight. I also run my own business and therefore have had to learn aspects about how to do this.
I also love playing and watching sport. This was therefore something else which I then concentrated on and I have now written articles on snooker and football.
To gain inspiration and to help me to write my articles, I read a lot of books and newspapers and I also like to watch the news and current affairs programs on the television.
I hope this article has been of help to you and please feel free to read and re-print more of the articles I have written.
Writing and marketing articles online is probably the most effective, most cost-effective way to publicize your website, and promote your products and services online. The Web is a printing press with an insatiable appetite for articles written by experts. There are literally millions of websites and ezines that are begging for good articles. They want people to submit good articles to them. They even search sites on the web for permission to use articles.
So, how do you know which sites to select?
Through my years of experience, and many conversations with the top Internet Marketers, in order to have the greatest impact, you need to use a 3-tiered article marketing approach targeting:
1. The major article directories like Ezinearticles.com, Goarticles.com, Ideamarketers.com and ZapContent.com
2. Smaller niche directory sites that are related to your content
3. Niche ezine and website publishers who need and want quality related content that will add value to their website or email newsletter audience
My consulting clients ask me many times, What is the best way to find ezines and websites that are the most read so my article gets the most exposure? That should not be the first question you ask yourself. Yes, you do want to find websites that are highly visited and ezines that are the most read but more importantly, you want to focus on finding websites and ezine publishers within your specific niche that have strong emotional connections to their audience.
Most likely, you are already visiting their websites or subscribing to their ezines. If you dont know who has a great ezine related to your industry niche, there are plenty of ezine directories like bestezines.com on the net that can guide you.
Other strategies include:
– Research your competitors where are there articles being published?
– Perform a Google search. Just type in your industry or article topic followed by the words article submission. Thats how I helped our clients book jump to the #2 spot on the NY Times Best Sellers List. I typed into Google, health article submissions, medical article submissions, and thyroid dysfunctions article submissions and discovered (among many other sites) the contact information for an About.com editor one of the top 50 sites on the net today. After receiving the submission, the editor blasted an email book promotion to her entire list, giving Mark Hyman MD 1500 additional opt-in subscribers and much higher sales in just one day.
– Think about which organizations, your audience may belong to. If youre a sales lead expert, like our client, Mac McIntosh, then the chances of your audience belonging to an organization such as the American Marketing Association are very, very high. With more than 200,000 registered users and more than 2 million visits each year from a wide range of influential decision makers, Mac McIntoshs soon to be published article on the American Marketing Associations website will provide him with an excellent opportunity to connect with the marketing community.
– And, dont forget to check sites for magazines within your niche. More and more publications, are looking for fresh, new content for their website, to drive traffic up in order to sell more print magazines in the long run. This constant updating of articles found only on the website and not in their print publications means more opportunities for writers and experts. An article written by you published on sites like Entrepreneur Magazine and Mothering Magazine will give your company the vast amount of exposure and credibility it needs.
Follow these strategies and you will have a sound article marketing campaign.
Are you searching for a method to promote your website or business? If so, read on to discover a website promotion method that costs virtually nothing to implement.
Article writing provides you with an excellent method of increasing the PR (page rank) of your website. The only expense to you is a little time to write short, informative articles that have value to others.
The articles you have written can then be submitted to some of the best article directories such as Articledashboard.com, ezinearticles.com, goarticles.com, isnare.com, and articlealley.com
Article marketing is a great way to increase the flow of traffic and visitors to your website. If you are a business person and have a website, you may have heard the term SEO or search engine optimization. Article marketing is a very effective way to promote your business or website.
In simple terms SEO uses tactics such as keyword optimization to achieve a better placing in the search engines, resulting in more visitors and hopefully more sales for your business. Google operates a site ranking system commonly known as page rank. Page rank is partially based on the quality of your website content but also looks at how many other sites are “back linking” to your website. A website with more back links should hold a better search engine placement and in turn receive more visitors.
Once you have written your articles, make a list of article directories where you wish to submit your articles. Most directories will ask you to create a free account before articles can be submitted. Once you have your accounts in place, you can begin your article submission. Article directories must approve your submitted articles before adding them to the article directory.
Try to make your article interesting, factual and useful to others. Do not just write a 300 word advert for your company or service as it will most likely be declined. Make sure the title of your article accurately describes the content of the article and contains keywords associated with your subject. Layout the article in short paragraphs, do not bunch all the text together as it looks terrible and web users will rarely read large sections of text.
It is a known fact that web users have a very short attention span and tend to skim over large sections of text, so make it easy on the eye and easy to read. Most article directories provide a resource box into which you can place your name, a little information about you or your business and – this is the important bit – a hyperlink to your own website. This link creates the back link to your site and will help to improve both visitor numbers and search engine placement. The more back links you have, the more traffic you will receive. Do not link directly to affiliate sites as they will usually be declined, instead link to your own site and include your affiliate links there.
First let me explain article marketing for those that do not know what it is. Lets say your website is about widgets. You write an article on interesting ways people can use widgets.
In the footer of your article there is an author bio section. In the author bio section you place links to your website about widgets.
You submit that article to as many article directories as possible. You can use a service www.isnare.com ISnare.com who for two dollars per article will submit your article to hundreds of article directories.
Once you submit to all of those directories, remember the link in the author bio section, each of those directories is now a one-way inbound link.
Now none of those links is related to widgets, so they are not relative links, but they do still count for link popularity, just not as much as relative links do.
But the second reason that article directories exist is to provide free content to website owners. These website owners can take your article and use it as content for their website as long as they leave the links in the author bio section active and intact.
Article Marketing Doesn’t Work. That is exactly what some old-time experienced SEO people are still saying. Yet, one of the clients I wrote articles for went from a link popularity of 1 to a link popularity of 457 in 8 days.
I received an email today from a client I wrote an article for on “Free Credit Repair” 3 days ago. He did a search in Google today for “Free Credit Repair” and the article was in the top 100. Tough category, but it was written 3 days ago and appears in Google for his search term with links to his website.
I can continue to provide dozens of examples where article marketing works and works fast. Once those articles are picked up by other websites besides the article directories, the real benefit comes.
Those websites that pick up and use the widget articles as content for their websites would not use the article if it were not related to their own topic, which means related to widgets in this case. That means relative one-way inbound links for your website.
If you have no use for quick link popularity and relative one-way inbound links to your website, then article marketing is not for you.
Ever wondered how internet marketing worked? How does anybody who is into internet marketing inform his potential customers that he exists? And how do customers who are looking for something specific, know where to look for it? Given the sheer profusion of pages on the internet, this can be a herculean task for both the buyer as well as the seller.
Internet marketing is all about catching the ‘eye of the spider’. ‘Spiders’ are ingenious little devices that search all the pages of the World Wide Web looking for those pages that are most relevant to the search term that the internet user has entered. Not only do spiders find the appropriate pages, but they also rank these pages in order of relevance, making it easier for the user to find what he is looking for. Goes without saying, anybody looking for something would first click on the page that is right on top of the list. If he finds what he is looking for, that’s it- he looks no further. It is only if he does not find what he wants that he will then go down the list of pages that the spiders have ranked in decreasing order of relevance. The key then, is to make sure your website is ranked right up there above all others that have the same keyword.
Here are a few tips on how you can use article marketing to catch the eye of that all-important spider and get your website ranked right up there, where it can be seen by millions of users.
Make sure your article content is original
Spiders never forget! They memorize every article they have ever crawled over. If they come across a similar article during subsequent searches they immediately pick it out as a plagiarized copy. Instead of the brownie points you would expect to win for featuring valuable content on your web site, your web site would get penalized for featuring copied content. It is critical to make sure that your article content is always original.
Post your original articles on your own website first
By posting your original content on your own website before distributing it to other sites, you stake a claim to your article, and prevent those spiders from penalizing it for duplication. Also, when the spider picks up your article during a search, if the article is posted on your website, it will lead the reader straight to your site circumventing the round-about route.
Embed those keywords and keyword phrases
Using appropriate keywords and keyword phrases throughout your article while maintaining optimum keyword density, is critical. Proper keywords used correctly helps spiders index your website and leverages your search engine optimization. It is important to remember that proper usage of keywords and keyword phrases is critical. Keywords that are randomly placed throughout the article, known as keyword stuffing, will only help get your article disqualified and penalized by search engines. And if your article that is unintelligently keyword stuffed, does get past the search engines, your site visitors will be none too impressed with the quality of your articles and will almost certainly turn away. Once this happens, it is almost impossible to lure them back again.
Increase your link popularity
Spiders determine the popularity and relevancy of your website by the quality and quantity of inbound hyperlinks from other websites to yours. Include an “About the Author” section with a link to your website in every author resource box at the end of your article. It is obligatory for other websites to include this section if they decide to publish your article on their site. This in itself will guarantee you unlimited free publicity. If your article is informative and interesting, and is placed on several sites, you would automatically get plenty of links pointing back to your site. This is guaranteed to catch the eye of the spider and increase your search engine ranking.
Maximize your exposure through article distribution sites
By submitting your articles to large distributions sites such as GoArticles.com or eZine.com you increase the chances of your article being repurposed by other webmasters who are continuously seeking quality content. This can have a kind of viral effect and send a continuous stream of significant traffic towards the direction of your articles.
Writing just one article, no matter how good, is not enough to get you the desired results. Catching the eye of the spider takes time. To reap the benefits of article marketing requires time and patience as well as the unswerving commitment to generate and disseminate good quality articles consistently. This is what will create a valuable footprint in your field of expertise and help increase the number of back-links to your site.
Maintain that word count
Most websites will only accept and distribute articles that meet their specified article requirements with regard to minimum and maximum length. As a rule, articles should be no more than 500 words and no less than 300 words.
It is an established fact that Article Marketing works by a large number of Internet Marketers in wide variety of niches. This has been repeatedly proven. However, those who have not ever attempted article marketing tend to think that it is harder or more time consuming than it actually is.
Starts by writing an article. This can be done by yourself or you can hire a ghost writer. The cost of ghost written articles is usually less than $10.00 for a 300 to 500 word article. It is important that the article be informative and related to your niche. The article should not sound like a sales letter.
At the end of the article, you include your ‘resource box.’ A resource box is simply information about the author, and it usually includes a link to the authors related website, a link to subscribe to a newsletter, and possibly even an email address to contact the author. If your article is ghost written, you are still the author.
Underneath the resource box, you type a statement giving others the right to reprint the article for free, as long as they don’t change it and keep your resource box attached. This allows others to help make your article viral.
Once the article is written, you should distribute it to as many article directories as you can find. It helps to also send the article to ezine publishers within your niche for consideration. You can find lists of ezines in the various ezine directories that are available on the Internet.
There is article-submission software that can be used to speed up submitting your article in. One example of this type of software is Instant Article Submitter at www.instantarticlesubmitter.com . There are also services that will manually submit your article to directories. This is highly recommended because many article directories do not allow and will not accept articles submitted with software. One such recommended article submission service is We Submit Articles at:
Submitting the articles yourself is a time consuming task. If you can hire someone else to do that work, you will have more time overall to concentrate your efforts on other marketing tasks, including producing more articles.